Attending the 39th annual convention of the College of Optometrists in Vision Development (COVD) proved a great experience for Vision First from October 14-17, 2009.
Held at the Marriott Denver Tech Center in Denver, Colorado, each day was filled with exciting exhibits, meetings, and workshops about the latest in behavioral vision care.
I was thrilled to make a great number of influential contacts at this convention who will help in my efforts to protect our children’s vision.
For more information on COVD, please visit their website here.
Make a difference in the eyes of a child. Join the “Kids Eyes Count Campaign.”
- KNOW vision screening is not a substitute for eye examination.
- MAKE comprehensive eye and vision examinations by an eye doctor part of a child’s healthcare.
- KEEP eye care health and good vision habits a priority.
Join the “Kids Eyes Count” email list here. Receive updates and important news!
Please note Vision First respects your privacy. Your email address will not be shared or sold. Sign-up here today!
C O M I N G S O O N! Starting January 2010, each month Janet’s Journal will feature “Members making a difference!”
- NEW VISITORS: The first 5 new visitors who join the Kids Eyes Count email list will have the option to be featured on Janet’s Journal!
- EXISTING MEMBERS: The first 5 members to post a comment will have the option to be featured, too!
Shown to the left: COVD President-Elect Dr. Brad Habermehl, Past-President Dr. Dan Fortenbacher, Immediate Past-President Dr. Carol Scott, and Dr. Phil Bugaiski.
You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins. —Jim Stovall
Thank you for your support of Vision First Foundation.
View more fun photos on the Vision First website here!
Copyright (c) 2009 Janet Hughes. All rights reserved.