“Bringing children’s vision into the 21st century” needs more than a good public awareness campaign. It needs a good report form for eye exams.
Vision First has that form: The Preschool and Student Comprehensive Eye and Vision Examination Report.
Here are the top ten benefits of using the Vision First form:
• Designed for the parent and teacher.
• Provides education on children’s vision.
• Suitable for recommended and required eye exams.
• Emphasizes a comprehensive eye and vision examination.
• Illustrates eye health, visual acuity, refractive evaluation, and visual efficiency.
• Accompanies prewritten letters for schools.
• Contains a vision screening disclaimer.
• Includes a Reference Page for parents and teachers.
• Represents high standards of eye care.
• Brings meaning and purpose to an eye examination.
Here’s what people are saying about the Vision First form: (from our petition at Care2)
“It is so important we all support this form and raise the standard of eye care our children deserve.” (#639, Janice)
“We need to protect our children and their future. The Vision First form puts the needs of the child first.” (#376, Rupe)
“This should have happened many years ago.” (#254, J. Brad)
“Aren’t the children important enough to be taken care of in this matter… please… help to pass this in every state… for all children.” (#252, Dee)
“Burocrats of America, shape up! The Vision First form is simpler and clearer.” (#814, Christoph)
This comment broke my heart: “I was one of the unlucky children who went through school not able to see the blackboard or even my teacher. Needless to say, I failed all through school until the day I quit, with the blessings of everyone concerned, at the age of 16. I needed glasses. I did not get them. NO one cared. As a result…I am uneducated and poor. Please do not do this to other children. Please do not destroy any chance of a good job and a good life. ALL children need their eyes examined from year to year while in School.” (#825, Blu)
Thank you, Blu…you sealed my commitment to this cause and the Vision First form.
I hope all of you do, too.
Support the use of the Vision First form.
and make a difference in the eyes of a child.
UPDATE: New petition needs your signature for “Second Notice.”
Copyright (c) 2008 Vision First Foundation. All rights reserved.